Saturday, November 5, 2011

Peanut Butter Power Balls

A few years ago, I was searching the internet to find ideas to pack for the kid's lunch. I came across the recipe for Peanut Butter Power Balls. They quickly became a favorite for my kid's for lunch, snack or anytime!

Here's the original recipe:
1 c peanut butter
1/2 c non-fat milk powder or soy protein powder
1/2 c raisins or chocolate chips
1/4 c honey
Graham cracker crumbs

I've amended it to:
1 c creamy peanut butter
1/2 c non-fat milk powder
1/4 c mini chocolate chips
1/4 c quick cooking oats
1/4 c honey
1 t flaxseed meal
Graham cracker crumbs

Mix all ingredients except graham cracker crumbs in large bowl. Shape mixture into 1-inch balls. Roll in crumbs & refrigerate or freeze.

I usually make this recipe times 5, so I can use an entire 40 oz jar of peanut butter! It makes enough to fill a large tupperware to keep in the fridge & the remaining in a ziploc in the freezer. We just made them this morning & it made 85 balls.
I usually get everything mixed up & then whichever of my kids are around, they help me roll them in the graham cracker crumbs. It's a fun activity & great snack!

No comments: