Monday, January 5, 2009

Merry Christmas

After Isaiah's birthday, we began celebrating Christmas with family. First, we went to my grandparent's house, Mum & Pappy's to have Christmas with them and my dad & fam. Of course, we enjoyed some wonderful cooking, including Mum's world famous mashed potatoes that are quite challenging to duplicate! (I love you Aunt Teresa)

Then, we began festivities with my mom playing the money game. We have been playing the money game for as long as I can remember. I think my grandmother began the tradition long ago! Different amounts of money are put in cans that in turn you get to shake, steal & finally end up with the one you get to open. I remember as a child wanting the ones that were loud and heavy. But, in my wise old age I now go for the quieter ones with the bills inside! This year Isaiah even joined in the fun & wanted to shake every single can. In the end my mom and aunt were the ones who ended up with the most money - and they're the ones who filled the cans! It was lots of fun!

Christmas day we gathered for present opening and aquired many precious items. The afternoon ended with the last 2 pictures below - my mom encouraged Abigail & Isaiah to pretend to be Mary & Baby Jesus. They took turns being each of them! I really can't believe that my 2 year old was playing make believe - yes, he had his gun in his hand, but he was really trying!!

No comments: