Monday, December 28, 2009

Trike-a-thon & Glorieta Trip

The first weekend of October I led a retreat for our youth and adult choir in Glorieta, NM at the Lifeway Retreat center. This is the 3rd year that we have gone there & I would highly recommend it - whether for a family weekend to a large get-together. It is a very affordable and beautiful facility.

I drove with Abigail and one of our friend's and her daughter that Friday so we could enjoy Santa Fe before the group arrived. We first visited the Santa Fe Children's Museum. Somehow my pictures are jumbled.... so here's a few from the St. Jude's Trike-a-thon that Abigail participated in at her Montessori school.
I really wish I would have videoed the start of the race. Abigail was hilarious! She was so serious! She quickly found her way around everyone so she could get to the front of all of the kids. As she went around the oval, there was no smiling, just racing. So funny!
Back to the museum!
Weaving away - her great-grandmother would have been proud.
Below is 3 of our scholarship students and my boss, Jim at the end of the retreat.
Here's a majority of our group in the prayer garden.

No comments: