Sunday, June 13, 2010

Jacob Thomas Koetting - born June 2, 2010

It has been a crazy few weeks!! I began having contractions Tuesday evening, June 1st around 7:30pm. They weren't very regular and not too painful, so I wasn't sure that I was really in labor. By 11pm, they were getting more uncomfortable, so I decided it was time to start for the hospital. My mom came over to deliver our other 3 children to where they would be staying, so by the time we all loaded up, it was midnight. We got up to L&D around 12:15am Wednesday morning & then I began having really strong contractions. The nurses quickly checked me & I was already 10 cm dilated! They wheeled me into another room and 20 minutes later Jacob was here! The nurses ended up delivering him, as my doctor didn't make it in time! Needless to say, it was so quick I delivered with no meds!

He was born at 12:41am, weighing 7 lbs 6 ozs & 19 1/2 inches long. He and Abigail weighed exactly the same, and were my smallest babies! A very proud dad:
Seeing my baby for the 1st time!
Big brother Colby came to visit later that day - here he is holding Jacob for the 1st time:
Abigail holding Jacob for the 1st time:
Grandma & Jacob:

Isaiah was very excited about holding his brother!
Uncle John
Such a sweet face!
Cousin Ross
Cousin Emily

1 comment:

Travis Erwin said...

Great pics. I still think he looks most like Abigail.